Serbu Firearms, Inc., Tampa, Florida Forum Index Serbu Firearms, Inc., Tampa, Florida
Get it from the horse's mouth!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

price of reloads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Serbu Firearms, Inc., Tampa, Florida Forum Index -> Reloading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TIMB
Plebe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: price of reloads Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was kind of curious what can you load the 50 bmg for right now. I realize prices are going up and I was just wanting to get an idea what it's going to cost me to shoot this thing? I'm just looking for cheap blasting ammo not too concerned about accuracy but the best bang for my buck as it were....

thanks
Lazarus
Too much time on my hands

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question...

If you don't count the cost of all your equipment, the brass or your time... divide how many rounds you load from a pound of powder (1 lb. =7,000 grains / about 210-220 grains per round) into the cost of the powder. Add the cost of the bullet and throw in the cost of a primer.

I've got a friend that is having trouble finding primers and powder. If anyone has any ideas on where to find any, please post.

Shoot straight,
Lazarus
justiceg
Dangerous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

widners just got a small shipment of primers in, only 35 packs left
mrkubota
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the last batch of components I bought my cost per round for AP ammo (read cheap!) is:

.25 sized projo
.20 primer
.12 powder (218gr surplus 860 or 5010)
.50 .50bmg once-fired case
-----

brass will usually last me at least 5x in my BFG, so there's a saving for subsequent reloads.

A Basic Lee 'Classic' loading setup will cost you around 400.00.
http://www.50bmg.net/group.asp?grp=30

If you buy unzised projos and a 15.00 Lee bullet sizer you can save .06 per bullet by sizing them yourself.

If you live in a state/town that permits API (MCool projos, then you can save even more!

//Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Serbu Firearms, Inc., Tampa, Florida Forum Index -> Reloading All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: